- On sale!
The Earth: Student Journal & Teacher's GuideSoft Cover
- Product Status:
- Soft Cover
Two books in one! All at one low price!
The newly combined Teacher’s Guide and Student Journal for The Earth: Its Structure & Its Changes includes insights and suggestions to help you in more effectively working with your student. Worksheets and journal pages for the student are included as well on perforated pages that can be easily taken out and copied for your convenience. Clear objectives throughout the Teacher’s portion help guide the educational experience, and the student pages provide all that’s needed to record ideas, questions, observations, and answers from the text. These two facets of the book help ensure than not only is your job as a teacher made easier, but your students will retain more of what they learned, through the work of putting their thoughts and findings down on paper!
The curriculum is a study of the fascinating world of geology. With explanations of how our Earth was shaped, giving evidence to the Genesis Flood, accompanying earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and other powerful processes. Students will explore 20 “investigations” through experiments and a very specific learning progression, unique to the Investigate the Possibilities series of books:
- Engage - Students make a note of what they know or have experienced about the topic.
- Investigate - Students will follow the instructions and make observations of what happens.
- Explain - Students will begin to understand the science behind what they observed in the investigation.
- Apply - Here, the understanding of the investigation is related to other situations and ideas.
- Expand -Each investigation also includes a few “Dig Deeper” projects to further understanding.
- Assess - Students explain what they have learned.
Students will examine natural occurrences such as mountains, volcanoes, rocks, minerals, crystals, water, and dirt (just to name a few). By using household items such as hard boiled eggs, oranges, measuring cups, maps, clay and markers, these scientific truths will come to life.